A Typical Meeting
On March 3, 2017, we held our first meeting. Since that time, our meetings have evolved into a series of activities, all of which have provided much fun and enjoyment for about an hour each month (not counting preparation time, of course). At the end of each meeting, members volunteer to be responsible for the various activities that take place. Most activities are prepared for in advance of the meeting, due to the amount of preparation needed. The following list of activities make up our meetings now:
1. OPENING REMARKS: As people arrive for the scheduled meeting, it's always fun and interesting to hear remarks about Sherlock Holmes, Watson, Mrs. Hudson, and anyone else connected to ACD's stories. It could be something someone heard or saw in the media, but whatever it is, it's always welcome.
2. INTRODUCTIONS: We feel it's important to give all attendees the opportunity to say who they are and where they are from. Although we encourage introductions to be short, attendees may add more informatio if they would like to.
3. A FUN FACT RELATED TO SHERLOCK HOLMES OR ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE: Facts relevant to SH are presented to amaze and amuse members present.
4. SHERLOCKIAN SHOW AND TELL: This part of the meeting is reserved for collectors who wish to brag about the SH stuff they have collected over the years.
5. A MYSTERY THAT NEEDS TO BE SOLVED: Tom, one of the founding members of the club, always presents a mystery that must be solved by the members present.
6. PRESENTATION AND DISCUSSION OF A SH STORY: Of course, what would a meeting dedicated to SH be without a discussion of one of the stories? Usually, a member presents a synopsis of a story, then entertains discussion about the story.
7. ANNOUNCEMENTS AND GOODBYES: Just before ending the meeting, everyone is offered the opportunity to make any announcements of upcoming events. Then, it's Adios Amigo!
Who can attend our meetings?
Meetings are typically held on Tuesdays, in the middle of the month. All are welcome to attend. If the meeting is to be conducted on ZOOM, here are our creditials: